Rules of Reverence
The Alamo has a unique set of rules befitting its status as the Shrine of Texas Liberty and hallowed ground. Please read the rules before entering the Alamo to ensure a respectful and pleasant visit.
- Guests, please remove your hats inside the historic Church
- No open food or drinks are allowed inside the Church, Long Barracks, or Annex
- No camera or cell phone use permitted inside the historic structures.
- No pets (Service animals allowed in accordance with the ADA)
- No obscene or offensive language on clothing
- No jogging, bicycles, skateboards, hoverboards or drones
- No alcohol, smoking, vaping or other use of tobacco products
- No professional photography or videography (Prior coordination required)
- No unauthorized firearms (Concealed and open carry allowed with permit only)
- No soliciting, disruptive or disrespectful behavior
For more information, please see our Visiting Guidelines
A visit to the Alamo and/or attendance at events is an agreement by the participant and/or the parent of guardian to allow the Alamo to photograph and/or film participants without compensation for possible use in digital/print marketing and publicity efforts. Please contact the Alamo’s marketing director at 210-225-1391 with questions or requests to exempt your image from potential promotional use.