The Alamo strives to provide a memorable experience to every visitor.
All public areas of the Alamo are accessible however, the historic structures may present challenges. Alamo Staff members are here to assist. We welcome visitor feedback in reference to accessibility issues.
- Service animals are welcome at the Alamo.
Services for Visitors with Mobility Impairments
- Restrooms are ADA compliant and can be found at the back of the grounds near the covered arbor area. Please ask any red shirted Alamo employee for direction.
- Accessible water fountains are located near the restrooms.
Services for Visitors who are Deaf and/or Hard of Hearing
- The original flagstone floors are uneven in some areas. Visitors are encouraged to use caution when moving through historic structures whether on foot or in wheeled chairs or scooters.
- The original church building has only one wheeled access doorway. Please use the front door for entrance and egress. A staff member is stationed nearby to assist.
- Wheelchairs are available for check-out at the information desk inside the church. There is no rental fee, but we ask for a valid ID or license until the wheelchair is returned at the end of the visit. Wheelchairs may not leave the Alamo complex.
Services for Visitors with Sight Impairments
- The Alamo shows a 16 minute film on the history of the Alamo throughout the day entitled The Alamo: Crossroads of Texas History. This film is captioned and can be viewed in the Long Barrack Museum and in the covered arbor near the rear of the grounds.
- Tour scripts are available upon request.
- Alamo informational brochures are available inside the historic buildings for all visitors.
- Visitor Services staff are happy to arrange an American Sign Language interpreter for our deaf visitors if given notice. Please contact Lauren Strack at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 days in advance.
- An Alamo brochure is offered in Braille and is available upon request.
- Tactile experiences for groups and individuals are available with notice. The cannons and the monuments on the grounds are touchable. Please contact Lauren Strack at email@example.com or 210-225-1391 x124 at least 7 days in advance.