You can find answers for the following questions
under “Frequently Asked Questions”. Go to the Alamo web
FAQ page to
find this section.
1. After the Battle of the Alamo the bodies of the Mexican soldiers
were ____________ at the Old Campo Santo near modern-day Milam Park.
2. Santa Anna ordered the bodies of the Texians burned. We do not
know the exact location of the funeral __________________.
3. One of the Tejano defenders, ____________________________, was
given a proper Christian burial.
4. About a year after the battle ________________________ gathered
ashes from the Alamo funeral pyres, placed them in a coffin and led
a military procession to San Fernando Church. He then carried the
coffin back to the site of the three funeral pyres and buried the
coffin at one of the sites.
5. Joe, Travis' slave, says that Travis died defending the ____________
6. The term used to describe an early Texan is ____________________________.
7. Perhaps as many as ___________ died on the Texan side that day.
At least nine _______________ or Hispanic Texans died defending the
Alamo. Modern Alamo Historians place the number of Mexican casualities
as ____________ killed or wounded.
8. Santa Anna was surprised, defeated, and captured at the _______________________
in April of 1836.
9. Today, the Alamo is owned by the _____________________________.
10. The only flag known to have flown over the Alamo is the ____________________.
This flag was sent by General Santa Anna as proof that ______________________
(meaning U.S. citizens) were aiding the Texians in the struggle against
the Mexican government.
11. Another flag thought to have flown at the Alamo was the Mexican
tricolor with two gold stars on the center stripe. The stars represented
_______________ & Texas.
Battle of San Jacinto
State of Texas
New Orleans Greys